LEARN ABOUT IEEE MEMBERSHIP
WHY JOIN IEEE?
- Over 396,000 members in more than 160 countries, more than 60 percent of whom are from outside the United States
- More than 107,600 Student members
- 342 Sections in ten geographic Regions worldwide
- 2,562 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests
- 3,485 Student Branches at colleges and universities in over 100 countries
- 2,877 Student Branch chapters of IEEE technical societies
- 580 affinity groups; IEEE affinity groups are non-technical sub-units of one or more Sections or a Council. The affinity group patent entities are the IEEE-USA Consultants’ Network, Young Professionals (YP), Women in Engineering (WIE), Life Members (LM), and IEEE Entrepreneurship
*Data current as of 31 December 2020. This information is updated annually.
- Join a community of over 420,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate
- Get the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology
- Get involved in standards development
- Network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest
- Mentor the next generation of engineers and technologists and so much more.
Enhance your IEEE membership by joining a Society specializing in your technical interests, for as little as US$10 per year. There’s no better time to take advantage of what IEEE has to offer. Join now and get membership benefits through the end of 2021, plus save 50% on membership dues.
As an IEEE member, you’ll be presented with new resources, valuable opportunities, and many discounts that will help you advance your career in the right direction. You can find colleagues who share your vision and commitment—those who are moving technology forward today. IEEE members can access information on local events and activities by signing in to, an integrated multi-functional platform and global network of technology-focused professionals, leveraging IEEE’s extensive knowledge base and community of thought-leaders.
Gain Expertise and Open Career Doors
IEEE houses an unrivaled network of professionals, experts, and advisors that can help shape your career, offer resources to acquire new skills, advance your professional development, and provide numerous opportunities for involvement, recognition, and reward.
Stay Current and Get Ahead
Membership grants you access to the largest library of electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics technical literature as well as the latest technology trends, industry news, and events.
Build a Network
Collaborate with IEEE colleagues and member groups, online or in person, to build a support group for your profession, industry, or project.
Uncover IEEE member benefits that are most relevant to you. Use theto select your current career phase and country, then select “Go.” Your results page will render a list of key IEEE member benefits that can help you accelerate your career plans and help you grow as a technology professional.